Monday, May 19, 2008

Hmmm...

I lost my job. Last week. At first all I wanted to do was cry and yet a few minutes later this intense relief swept over me. That's how I've been feeling the past few days. I wake up early when I want to and I go to the gym rather than the mall. I have had no need for coffee. I can go out on the weekends and socialize now. There's a part of me that's still bummed about the job, but overall the only thing that I can really see is the enormous opportunity in front of me. I know I've been blathering on for nearly a year about running away to France and finding myself. Well, I don't think I have the money or presence of mind to run away to France, but maybe I can find the parts of me that felt so alive in France and try to let those parts live and run free here. We'll see. I've been feeling that creative push the last few days and it's time for me to channel my energy before the muse leaves me.

Here are some things I'd like to do vs. some things I need to do. A few of them match up, therefore maybe they should be my first priorities(?).

Need to do:
  • Finish school
  • Clean my room
  • Make appointments with every single doctor before my health insurance runs out
  • Find out how long health insurance lasts for
  • Find new job (hopefully part time so I can enjoy my summer)
  • Unpack house
Like to do:
  • Clean my room
  • Finish school
  • Paint
  • Pick up craft
  • Become better acquainted with fashion by reading WWD and Nylon as much as humanly possible
  • Have a relaxed summer

No comments: