Monday, February 5, 2007

I have become comfortably numb...

Hello.... is there anybody out there?

Or just anybody reading this blog, really. Okay I've been putting this off long enough, but I guess I just need to sit down and get to it. What is the point of this blog? Besides the obvious and somewhat smart-alecky answer of to fulfill a class requirement.

First of all, I want my blog to look pretty. It must be something that catches the eye of somebody flipping through blogs, and also captures my spirit. What is my spirit? Well, I'll get to that later, but I want the blog to be well organized, fun, but not overwhelming colors, and kind of girly looking. I want my blog to be something that people enjoy looking at, as well as reading. When I'm browsing through multiple blogs I usually tend to skip over the ugly, disorganized, and/or hard to read blogs. I tend to linger on the blogs that have colors that pop, I'm not straining my eyes to read, and most importantly have pretty pictures. I still haven't quite figured out how to put pictures (ed. note, I figured this out later on) and other forms of glossiness on my blog, but it is a main objective of mine.

Besides the 500 words per week requirement, I would like to post on my blog whenever I feel bursts of inspiration. In a world as crazy as ours, I feel this inspiration all the time. In fact, I plan on posting an entry as soon as this prospectus is finished. I think that most blogs seem to start this way, people need to discuss all the stuff in their head.

Basically, I plan on discussing whatever seems to be looming on my mind at the moment. The blog will mainly be about (this part is going to sound really cheesy, but I cannot find a better way to put it) my journey to find who I am and what kind of world I'm living in. Mainly I will post things that I find amusing, but I will also post about things I am currently obsessing over at the moment. I am a huge fan of most things media related, especially fashion and television. I will have plenty to say about my favorite shows, especially as February sweeps begins.

While I don't plan on putting down all of my information, such as my address, phone number, screen name, etc, my blog will not be anonymous either. If you pay close enough attention it will be pretty easy to figure out where I am and what places I frequent most. One of the great things about blogs is that there is certain anonymity of being in public. There are SO many blogs out there, that you can get lost amidst the many. If I were to write about this crazy girl I came across today, some guy reading in Idaho wouldn't be like "Oh Wow! That's Kim!" If a story is not too incriminating I will mention my friends and other acquaintances by name. If it's something that I think will embarrass them when they decide to support me and read my blog, I'll keep it anonymous. I plan on making this blog popular enough that my friends, along with various UMass students will be reading this frequently.

No comments: