Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yeah, he told me you were the only sheriff in America who was a true friend of Dorothy

OH. MY. GOD. Veronica Mars is one freaking intense show. Okay so here's the deal, if you don't watch Veronica Mars I would prefer if you do not read this because I see everybody who does not watch as a possible convert. One day I will get you to watch. And I do not want to ruin this moment for you. And if you do watch but are not caught up to the 2/20/07 episode, I don't want to spoil you. Trust me on this, the surprise is better left to viewing it for the first time.

ON THAT NOTE...

I'm
just
going
to
create
some
nice
and
long
and
useless
spoiler
space
here
while
you
look
at
this
awesome
poster
I think
I need...

hehe okay... I COULD NOT believe they killed Lamb! WOAH! I'm guessing Veronica is filled with the same emotions that I am. Sadness at the loss of a life, relief at the loss of a jackass, guilt over that relief, etc. Just. Wow. I'm speechless. Seeing Keith in the uniform was pretty intense, but exciting as well. I'm wondering where the show is going to go from here. It was always about Keith and Veronica as underdogs, so how are they going to go on from here? I also want to know how this will tie in with the fact that the show is now going to be doing more canned episodes, rather than the overarcing mystery. Rob Thomas is incredibly brave, and for that I applaud him.

Other great parts of the episode that are probably being overlooked due to everybody's shock:
  • The scavenger hunt- very cute, but geeze Logan definitely has a thing for blondes. Have we ever seen him dating/hooking up with somebody who is not blonde?
  • Mac and the new boyfriend are adorable. I'm so glad she's gotten over all the damage Beaver did to her. I SWEAR her boyfriend was a minor (different) character in Season One (a la Lucky/Tim) will research
  • Veronica's jail time behavior
  • The use of EVERY character in this episode. Sure Wallace didn't get that much airtime, but it was wonderful to see him back again. Oh wait, Piz wasn't in this, so not EVERY character, but just about as close to all of them as you can get, and let's face it- Piz didn't belong in this episode.
  • The fact that Rob Thomas just totally NAILS film noir. It makes me want to go rent old classics to see all of his inspirations.
That was just so exciting. I'm sure I'll think of more things later to add. Once again, WOW. Yep, that's me being stunned.

No comments: