Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm going to be a supermodel...

Yesterday was the first time I've ever seen America's Next Top Model, but I guess it left a lasting impression with me. There was an MTV marathon on of last year's season (maybe?) and when I left to meet my friend for dinner my mom was watching it. When I came home she had reached the final two episodes.

I basically saw about two and a half hours worth of the show. Last night I had a crazy dream that they came to UMass scouting for new contestants for the TV show. Somehow I made it on the show. Let's forget the fact that I'm 5'3" and a half (that half an inch is very important to me) and I probably STILL weigh more than most of the 6' models out there. There were guys on this version of the show, too, and one of them really hated me for being there. But they taught me how to walk pretty, and look skinny when I took pictures, and all this cool stuff that I completely lost when I woke up.

The only really terrifying part came when I looked in the mirror and realized that for my makeover they didn't fix my teeth or anything helpful like that, they dyed my hair back to blonde (I finally broke that long habit last Dec.) and they gave me... GASP... BANGS! Now, I think bangs look awesome on many people, but on me I look like I'm twelve again. I was pretty horrified. I knew I wasn't going to win the show, so why did they have to subject me to bangs again? Those things take forever to grow out. I woke up this morning a little bummed that I'm not on a nationally viewed TV show, not being coached on how to look ah-mazing, but very happy that I am not with bangs. Or dealing with the horror that is Tyra Banks. That alone might classify that dream as a nightmare.

No comments: